- The team rebuked his idea in the class.
- His movie was rebuked for obscenity.
- It was a fairly lighthearted discussion.
- The lighthearted young lovers ran over the hills.
- The water stood still in the pool.
- He is still not done with his work.
- I really enjoyed your party – it was such good fun.
- She’s great fun to be with.
- It’s important to impress your seniors if you want to be promoted.
- He is my senior at school.
- Bill and I shared an office for years.
- I share a house with four other people.
- He committed a suicide last year.
- Many suicides occur in prisons.
||जहाज के मलबे
- He was an emotional wreck after the death of his wife.
- Let’s not spend any more money on this project, it is already a wreck.
- The worth of this necklace is only Rs.200/-.
- Stock worth Rs 5 lacs was stolen from the go down.
- I don’t have a color preference for my new car.
- He has a preference for fruits.
- He was fortunate enough to have got three tickets.
- I fortunately got a big discount on this car.
- I have an experience of 10 years in teaching.
- I have experienced sky diving once in my life.
- He stamped the book on the bench in aggression.
- You need to get the “PASS” stamp on your exam sheet.
- He’s got no authority over his students.
- You do not have the authority to take such a big decision for the company.
- Unfortunately, I didn’t have my credit card with me or I’d certainly have bought it.
- We unfortunately missed out on the movie tickets for the first show, we’ll now go to watch it tomorrow.
- Her behavior is often appalling.
- He was notorious for his violent and threatening behavior.
- He is physically fit.
- I’m not a very physical sort of person.
- The family has a history of mental disorder.
- She is affected mentally by the death of her grandmother.
- There’s not enough interaction between the management and the workers.
- Language games are usually intended to encourage student interaction.
||अफसोस की बात है
- He has gone away for six months, she said sadly.
- The teacher scolded him and he walked out of the class sadly.
- There lived an old man.
- We’re all getting older.
- There were dirty marks on her trousers where she had wiped her hands.
- His fingers had left marks on the table’s polished surface.
- The onus is on the landlord to ensure that the property is habitable.
- We are trying to shift the onus for passenger safety onto the government.
- I think we’ve chosen the right person to lead the expedition.
- I’ve asked Gemma to lead the discussion.
- My kids enjoy horse riding.
- Horses live in stables.
- The concert went well.
- The dress fits you well.
- Would you like to drink tea?
- They’d had no food or drink for two days.
- Many teenagers are surprisingly ignorant about current politics.
- We remained blissfully ignorant of the troubles that lay ahead.
- All the residual food at the end of the day in this restaurant goes to feed animals.
- The residual cloth pieces can be used in patch work on dresses.
- I have a headache today.
- Please consult the head of the department for this matter.
- A greater proportion of people with first degrees are now going on to study for higher degrees.
- He has higher powers than the principal of the school.
- She’s doing a postgraduate course in women’s studies.
- She studies whole night.
- They live in a huge house.
- The costs involved in building a spacecraft are huge.
- By the end of the month, he is able to save small sums of money.
- Huge sums of money are spent on national deference.
- The government has agreed to subsidize for the railway fares to make it cheap for the common people.
- The refugees live in subsidized housing provided by the authorities.
- Have you returned the money you borrowed?
- She left South Africa at the age of 15 and has never returned.
- Doctors have replaced the top of his hip bone with a metal sphere.
- The Earth is not a complete sphere.
- With the advancement of technology, the need for manpower is decreasing.
- Our company is facing manpower shortages.
- Take the left turn to go to the mall.
- I turned towards the left.
- Seema will be leading this project.
- The world’s leading manufacturer of audio equipment.
- He is a skin specialist doctor.
- She’s a specialist in modern French literature.
- Is this dress available in a larger size?
- The book is now available online.
- He’s currently abroad on business.
- I want to study abroad.
- The research went on for years without any intervention from the government.
- I hate any kind of intervention in my personal matters by any of my friends.
||खुद ब खुद
- The camera adjusts the shutter speed automatically.
- If you step on this platform, it will rotate automatically.
- There are three candidates standing in the election.
- There are 10 candidates who have applied for this position.
- She donates 10% of her salary to an old age home every month.
- An anonymous lady has donated 1 lac rupees to this NGO.
- I rushed up the stairs to my room after hearing that scream at night.
- I am in a rush, can we discuss this later?
- A written test is the first part of the selection process for this company.
- You are not given the liberty of selection in all projects, you’ll be assigned the projects by your boss and you’ll have to do them.
- I’d like to make a table reservation for two people for nine o’clock.
- Please confirm your reservation in writing by Friday.
- There was a heap of clothes on the chair.
- He put his foot in a heap of sand.
- They had no means of communication.
- We need to find some other means of transportation.
- Her talent for music showed at an early age.
- His artistic talents were wasted in his boring job.
- He pulled the chair away from the desk.
- Pull the door.
- He leaned towards his wife and whispered, “Can we go home soon?”
- She kept glancing towards the phone.
- There is a tie in the middle of the rope.
- Tie a knot at the end.
- We appreciate the need for immediate action.
- I appreciate that it’s a difficult decision for you to make.
- You must be very proud of your son.
- I have not seen a haughtier man than him.
- I hung my coat behind the door.
- Alex led, and I followed along behind.
- You can only achieve recognition through hard work.
- There’s a growing recognition that this country can no longer afford to be a nuclear power.
- The plot of the movie was quite distorted.
- Her reputation was distorted in her office.
- Danger! Keep out!
- He drove so fast that I really felt my life was in danger.
- She won’t compromise with her work.
- The government has said that there will be no compromise with terrorists.
- Is that a recent photo?
- Have you been following recent political events?
- I’m quite tired but I can certainly walk a little further.
- There was quite a lot of traffic today but yesterday was even busier.
- The limitless sky.
- The minister said that the days of limitless spending were over.
- My granny’s death has saddened the family.
- Her death was natural.
- The product will be examined by some scientists before it is launched.
- The council is to examine ways of reducing traffic in the city centre.
- I am unfit for this activity.
- This water is unfit to be drunk.
- This is a quote from the Bible.
- The novel begins with a quote.
- The statue of the dictator was toppled (over) by the crowds.
- The tree toppled and fell.
- She is liable to pay me a lac.
- His son will be liable for the debt if his father dies.
- I really need to get some basic financial advice.
- The crisis has led to price rises in basic foodstuffs, such as meat, cheese, and sugar.
- This article is very dull to be printed in a local newspaper, spice it up!
- There’s a danger that we will end up blaming innocent children for society’s problems.
- I live independently.
- We stay together but our expenses and everything are independent of each other.
- She campaigns for animal rights.
- You have no right to go through my personal diary.
- The government should act to curb tax evasion.
- She promised she would curb her temper.
- We gave Alison and Tom a dish made of solid silver as a wedding present.
- This is silver jewelry.
- I want to buy some new soup spoons.
- Add one teaspoon sugar.
- The ballet dancer walked with a graceful attitude.
- She had a lazy attitude towards work.
- I have booked the uppermost berth, there are no disturbances.
- How many berths would you like to book?
- In case of emergency, take exit from gate number 3.
- Cardiac arrest is an emergency which needs immediate action.
- My brother got discharged from the hospital last night.
- The prisoners will be discharged tomorrow.
- The procession moved through the streets at a steady pace.
- Ready, Steady, Go!
- The world’s supply of agricultural land is shrinking fast.
- She’s studying agricultural science.
- Use the emergency exit in case of fire.
- He saw Emma arrive and made a quick exit.
- You can find many resorts specially made for foreign tourists in Jaipur.
- The resort that we booked is very expensive.
- Residents are fed up with the disturbance caused by the nightclub.
- Phone calls are the biggest disturbance at work.
- I was always getting in trouble for misbehaving at school.
- A sixth class student was suspended from school for on account of misbehaving with the teacher.
- The border dispute was used as a pretext for military intervention.
- She called me on the pretext of fetching more information about him.
||मिथ्या अर्थ लेना
- My ideas were misrepresented by him in the meeting, I wish I myself had the permission to present.
- Celebrities are often misrepresented by the media.
- Sift the flour and then make batter, this will ensure that the batter is smooth.
- When the cake is cooked, sift some icing sugar over the top of it.
- Do you intend to continue with your studies?
- If the rain continues, we’ll have to cancel tonight’s plans.
- Palmer putted the ball straight into the hole.
- You need to use a special club for putting.
- Please excuse me for arriving late – the bus was delayed.
- She made lame excuses for being late.
- They decided to postpone their holiday until next year.
- We’ve had to postpone going to France because the children are ill.
- A heavy gold necklace hung around her neck.
- The rapists will be hanged tomorrow.
- He is sorry for what he did but he won’t confess because his ego doesn’t let him do so.
- I’m glad she got the job-she needed something to boost her ego.
- He is in prison for 7 years now.
- People who live in prisons are called prisoners.
- The gang admitted they had committed four recent bank robberies.
- He is in prison for armed robbery.